Updated: July 14, 2019
1. We do not require memberships, nor require readers to disclose any personal information to us in order to view or use our site.
2. Voluntarily disclosed information, including but not limited to e-mail address, country of residence, etc. that is collected through contact forms, newsletter registration, alert registration, or through contacts or the comment features on the site will remain private and confidential, and are used for no purposes aside from managing the website and responding to inquiries from users. E-mail addresses will not be sold or traded, nor disclosed on the site.
3. Names provided as part of the comment process will be displayed on the site, though there is no requirement that these reflect actual readers’ legal names – nicknames are fine. Names that are deemed to be offensive or obscene may be removed, and/or have their comments removed, at the website administrator’s sole discretion.
5. There may be analytics or other processes run through our web servers, including but not limited to Google Analytics, proprietary statistics packages, and analytics as part of the WordPress publishing platform and affiliated add-ons, that are used for web administration purposes. They are not used for tracking, and do not intentionally collect or correlate any personally identifiable information about our users with any of the statistical data that they provide for administration.
6. Our staff and authors may or may not use pseudonyms, and may or may not be directly contactable, at their and the administrator’s discretion. At all times, a main contact e-mail address, or a form for contacting the site administrator, will be available.
7. All photos and visual material presented on this site is either original work or validly-licensed stock artwork. We make our best effort to ensure we comply with all applicable privacy laws with respect to visual depictions of individuals. If you appear in one of these works, and believe our display violates your privacy rights, please contact us through our contact page.
8. All business photos, menus, and/or company logos of the businesses and restaurants reviewed on our site are sourced from the relevant official images or press kits available from the business wherever possible. We strive to comply with all associated guidelines for their use on our site, and voluntarily participate in brand guideline approval processes where applicable. However, in all cases, it is our assertion that the use of these assets fall under the scope of the Fair Use doctrine. Their inclusion is not meant to imply or convey approval, affiliation, or endorsement, in either direction, between Try Anything Once Blog and the respective sources of the photos, menus, or logos, and their relevant copyright or IP holders. We maintain no claim as to the accuracy or current status of any images, menus, and logos that may be used. Nevertheless, if you appear in one of these works, and believe our display violates your privacy rights, or intellectual property rights, please contact us through our contact page.
9. All written content featured on the website is the original content of the site’s authors and administrators, reflective of their opinions. If you own or operate one of the businesses (such as restaurants or tourist destinations) featured on our site, and wish to clarify, contest, or update information on your establishment, you may contact us through our contact forms featured on the site. The administration maintains Try Anything Once Blog will strive to be as accurate as possible, but is not obligated to retroactively update, amend, clarify, modify, or change any of the original content produced by our team.
10. We maintain the right to review and comment on publicly-accessible businesses, tourist destinations, and other locations and attractions that we may choose to feature on our website, and that in doing so under the rubric of reviews, we are not violating any privacy rights of such entities or individuals.
11. The administrators of this site may, in their sole discretion, institute such measures as they deem necessary to control and moderate the site. This includes, but is not limited to, removal from newsletter mailing lists, failure to reply to unsolicited email advertisements or spam, blocking of commenting on articles based on IP address or other unique identifiers in relation to publicly-viewable content posts, and other remedies as necessary. In all cases, information utilized to accomplish these administrative tasks (such as IP addresses) will not be used for any other purpose outside the scope of control and moderation of the site.
12. The administrators of this site retain the right to modify these privacy policies at any time during the site’s operation, and will provide dated notice on this page of any such changes.